CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 16, 2007

Yankee swap is like Machiavelli meets...Christmas

Yeah, well, Americans are slow. Patrick and Ryan, another of the trainees, decided it would be a great idea to race our Jamaican trainers at the University. It was so not. Originally it was supposed to be a 4x400, but the trainers backed out unless we made it a 4x100. Tiffanie and I somehow got dragged into the scheme. None of us are sprinters, I do not know what we were thinking. I feel that the handoffs were our downfall. We would’ve lost no matter what, but it may have been less embarrassing without Patrick almost bowling Tiffanie over. Someone videotaped it. I bet it’s on youtube. As a team we got roasted, but Patrick made up some ground. It’s irrelevant really, we lost miserably. Disgrace to our country. I think that the girl I raced against felt a little insulted that we were even trying. We should’ve made them stick with a longer race. Anyway, after that we went to the beach!! Yay beach! It was crooowded. But it was gorgeous. White sands, aqua waters, partly blue skies. Lovely. I swallowed so much salt water. We had delicious vegetarian food from a stand ran by a Rasta man. So good. I had my first guinep as well. Guineps are fruit. They are pale green and grow in clusters. They’re a bit bigger than a grape. You peel the skin off and pop the whole thing in your mouth. And then you grimace because it is weird and slimy and stringy. You suck all of the pink skin off the giant pit and then spit out the pit. Then you eat another one even though you are not sure how you felt about the first one. Mostly the slightly sour taste is fun, and it gives you something to do. Like chewing sunflower seeds.

0 comments: