CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I can travel anywhere, except Cuba, and I will travel to New Zealand and walk the Lord of the Rings trail to Mordor and I will hike Mount Doom!

And the night shall be filled with music,
And the cares that infest the day
Shall fold their tents like the Arabs
And as silently steal away.
--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Erin and I listen to music almost as much as we read, which we do like it's our job. The music I have been listening to here in Jamaica has various purposes. Sometimes I use it to unwind after teaching/herding our pint-sized pupils, sometimes I use it to put me in a better mood, sometimes I use it to put me to sleep, and sometimes I use it for background noise. Whatever the reason, listening to an iTunes playlist makes me feel like Erin and I are not so isolated here in the Caribbean. If you are in need of some playlist ideas, here is what frequently is featured in mine...

Fire It Up
Modest Mouse
We We Dead Before the Ship Even Sank

Going to California
Led Zeppelin
IV

Jazz Selections
Miles Davis
Kind of Blue

Shoot the Moon
Norah Jones
Come Away With Me

All Night, More Justice
Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley
Welcome to Jamrock, Halfway Tree

Imagine
Jack Johnson
Instant Karma

Glory Bound
Martin Sexton
Black Sheep

Tomorrow Comes a Day Too Soon
Flogging Molly
Whiskey on a Sunday

Born to Run (acoustic)
Bruce Springsteen
Chimes of Freedom

Black Rain, Steal My Kisses
Ben Harper
Both Sides of the Gun, Live From Mars

Neighborhood #1, Neighborhood #2
The Arcade Fire
Funeral

While We Cry (live)
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Ledbetter Heights

Whiskey in a Jar
Metallica
Garage Inc.

Top of the World, Year to the Day
Van Halen
Right Here, Right Now, Van Halen III

Melissa, Blue Sky
The Allman Brothers Band
Eat a Peach

Rock n Roll, Please
Eric Hutchinson
That Could Have Gone Better

Stranglehold
Ted Nugent
Great Gonzos!

I'm OUT!!
Patrick

1 comments:

kcbookworm said...

Never heard of Eric Hutchinson. Tell me about him. How did you become familiar with his music?