CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I want to give Michael all the urine he needs.

Dang it, I just lost half of a blog. I hate when that happens! Patrick’s computer battery is shot, so you have to keep the computer plugged in at all times, which is tricky because the cord is attached magnetically and comes off when you move about too much. Neither one of us can sit still, so we are always pulling the plug, which turns off the computer, which means we lose whatever we are doing. Though I probably shouldn’t complain, as we are lucky to have a computer at all. You know what I would trade our computer for? Toilet paper. We returned to our site last night, and both of us are fairly positive that we left almost a whole roll. Strangely, we were greeted by the sad remains of an empty cardboard tube. This was upsetting and puzzling. Taking someone’s toilet paper should be a punishable offense. Most unfortunately, we arrived in on a Sunday (when shops are closed) and today, Monday, is a national holiday (when shops are closed), and Tuesday we have to stay close to home because of politics. This is the sort of thing my dad plans for. A catastrophe of this kind would never occur at the Smith household. From now on, I will defend my dad when my mom makes fun of him for stocking up on TP. Upon further rumination, we feel that the lack of toilet paper is evidence for a shower dopi (pronounced duppy). A dopi is a ghost. Our friend is warned not to shower at night because he may be attacked by the shower dopi, who will give him a cold. I wouldn’t be adverse to the idea of a shower dopi if only he would clean the shower whilst he haunted it. We are back at our site. Woohoo. It was a relief to see the ocean again. Both of us are starting to feel comfortable in our town. Do you see how hairy Patrick is becoming? One of the kids at the Village told him he needed a trim. There is a lot of horse poo on the street we take to get into the Village (where we work). They take tourists up there on horseback to see the children. This bothers me on several levels. Therefore, I feel no shame in taking pleasure while observing how uncomfortable most people look astride a horse. There was a particularly distressed looking woman this morning. You know what distresses me? The way they ask you here if you want your food for here or to go. The cashier will ask you, “ya ‘avin’ it?” Um, yes, yes I want my food, please. I feel that by simply asking me if I am having my food, they are not making it clear that they are asking where I wish to have it. Every time I stare blankly back at the cashier. The question catches me off guard. They speak so quickly and I do not expect that particular query. Why would I be ordering food if I did not want to have it? Also, just because I want to have it does not mean that I want to have it here. I wish they would just add the “ere” onto the end. That would clear up all the confusion.

0 comments: