CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

You lookin' for dinner and a movie? Cause you're not gonna find it in that box.

I feel that, as of late, both Patrick and I have displayed our vanity by rambling on about our thoughts and what you can buy us when we come home. I’ve decided to tell you a bit about what is going on here, and then I’ll indulge my narcissistic tendencies. Today, Patrick got punched in the balls by a five-year-old. He rallied himself and was able to teach 3 classes of kindergarteners Spanish. I think we should all give him a proverbial pat on the back for bravery. I don’t have balls, but I bet it is difficult to walk into a room full of potential ball-injurers after such a traumatic encounter. I may have contracted ring worm…on my eye. Gross, right? Before you condemn me for being dirty, I want to remind everyone that I fight OCD tendencies and wash my hands often. However, I do high five a lot of bums and frequently hold the sweaty hands of small children. So maybe I picked something up there. Who knows?

I’m trying a new thing. Apparently other people use paragraphs. I’m just too random to organize my thoughts, but I’m going to make an effort. I realize that many of you may be shocked by an omission from my visit-to-KC-to-do-list. Usually, both before and after any prolonged absence, I visit Pizza Factory. And I must say, I do miss me some country dressing and I will forever find all other pizzas lacking. However, I do not ‘do’ change. A visit to the Factory without helping Lindy finish the crossword just rings hollow. So there’s nothing I want more than a visit, in fact it would probably be the first place I went, I just want everything to be as I left it—which is impossible because it is now owned by strangers. Basically, all I’m asking is that the whole Evans family shows up for a couple of hours and arrange themselves as if they never left. Not too much to ask, is it? Okay, maybe it is.

Alright, who decided a poodle should look like that? This is not as irrelevant as it seems, we are (kind of) watching the Westminster Dog Show. We’ve been able to see most of the contestants despite the finicky-ness of the channel. This is one of Patrick’s favorite annual events. He was almost as excited about this as he was about the Super Bowl. But seriously, I like the little hair beret the poodle sports, but what is with the little poofs on their hips? Who first thought to do that to a dog? It can’t grow in like that, can it? The beagle just won. It was an extremely adorable beagle, it’s trying to eat the prize ribbon. Patrick wishes me to include that he called it. Congrats, Uno. I bet you wish your owner would quit touching your butt.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Hey Sis,
Please pardon anything I print that may be embarassing or just really disjoint. I just returned from dinner and margarita martinis at Ixtapa with my Pink Lady friends. I thought your dad would want to take me to Valentine's dinner and beat tomorrow's rush, but it seems he had other plans. So I invited my girlfriends. It was a spur-of-the-moment idea that worked very well. We had awesome drinks and outstanding comraderie. We're planning to take you with us to Missie B's when you come home. Get ready. Tell P I'm sorry to hear of his injury. Will the kids recognize Spanish spoken in a falsetto? Hope you get the ring worm taken care of prior to your return home. Wouldn't want anyone to ostrasize you on your brief visit. While you may not get the Evans in place---you might be able to talk Lindy into a crossword marathon. Only 30 more days! Take care. Love you! Mom

Jesse E. Hunter said...

Alright, Josh and I want our brains back pronto. And we will throw down with vicious rhetoric should we not receive said brains...back.

I should explain! Hi from Nashville, TN. I'm Jesse, my husband is Josh and we are preparing (but mostly waiting impatiently) for Peace Corps service in July. Alls we know now is that it's somewhere in the Caribbean, with Josh doing Water & Sanitation Enginerring and me doing "Health Extension." We're pumped.

In an effort to find out as much info as possible without truly knowing anything for sure, I've been scouring the web and reading all the eye-catching, legible blogs I can find (mostly from the Caribbean PCVs). That's how I found you.

It's 4:37pm here and I've been reading through your entries for the last 2 hours or so (at the office). Thanks for being hilarious. The information has been really helpful as well!

Would you mind if I link your site to our (future) Peace Corps journal? Anyhow, thanks so much for writing well, for your good senses of humor, and for your example to us that PCV couples can still rock it out.

~jesse

Tiff-Tiff said...

United States arrived on "Question: where can I put my terrarium?"

going worldwide huh? hahahaha.