CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 30, 2007

The thing about me is, I'm better at hiding than deer are at vision.

I am not going to miss the grocery store. There are too many brands and nothing is organized according to my wishes--I can never find the Cheez Whiz. Plus you have to dodge the small children on leashes getting yanked back from the Power Ranger fruit snacks like star-shaped yo-yos. The realization that we are seriously leaving tomorrow hit me a few hours ago. Patrick has everything packed, no thanks to me. I sat in the corner coughing and feeling sorry for myself. My backpack is twice as wide and almost as tall as I am. So I am insanely excited, but also a bit sad. It is hard to say bye to you all! It was easier last night when I was slightly inebriated. I started to get all teary-eyed after leaving my grandma's, but then I randomly thought about when Joe Barnes told me that ugly girls join the Peace Corps and that made me laugh. I am going to go eat my cheesy potatoes now. Tomorrow I won't have to worry about leaving the house with dog hair all over my butt, because I'll be in Miami. I wanted to give some quick thanks, but then I realized that would be sappy and also it wouldn't be quick. So I love and will miss you all, and I want you to know I appreciate your support, especially this last week (Saint Samantha). I leave you with this thought from Michael Scott: "I was thinking that we could all leave tomorrow and do a convoy, you know? Convoys are really fun. Pull up next to each other…give each other the finger…moon each other… " How wonderful would it be if everyone was leaving? I could moon Dover all the way to Miami, it would never get old.

1 comments:

Kris said...

So, this is probably vaguely awkward, but mom passed this link onto me in great frustration because blogs confound her and she got lost on the internet.

I just wanted to wish you luck in Jamaica, and I'm only sorry I didn't get back in time to say goodbye. (Apparently my flight in was just a few hours after your flight out) I'm sure you don't need the luck, but it can't hurt!

Also: "Yeast infections...there are an enormous amount of yeast infections in this county. Maybe, because we're down-river from that old bread factory..."