CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 4, 2007

I have my own crossbow range... it's a perfect situation for me


Alright, so Erin may very well be the practical one, so I guess that would make me the impatient one. I have gone crazy waiting for clearances, invitations, assignments, but I have sunk deeper into my neurosis awaiting the 'Welcome to Jamaica' packet. I am totally cool not finding out where we will be living, what our monthly allowance will be, what we'll eat, and all that. But what the heck am I going to wear? The packet I await should at least give me some idea of what I should be packing. I read that business attire is the norm, but seriously who in their right mind is going to live in the Caribbean and rock out pleated khakis, a polo, and a pair of leather loafers? I get the whole concept of dress to impress and attire earning instant credibility... but seriously folks do you really think dressing like a preppy J. Crew model is going to help me resolve the AIDS epidemic?! If the Peace Corps was really worried about credibility gained from my attire, they would probably have better luck sending me out in my hospital scrubs.

Okay so like Erin I must apologize for any grammatical mistakes, verb tense non-synchronicity, and so forth. Just so everybody knows, I am planning my blog attack to be more of a Patricio stream of consciousness than a great literary work. So now that everybody is on the same page...

Getting back to Erin being the practical one... One would think that a blog about us on our Peace Corps experience to Jamaica would be titled with some sort of reference given to hmmmm... JAMAICA! Not that it needed to be Erin and Patrick's Jamaican Adventure of Fun, but how 'bout tossing Rastafarianism a bone or some kind Bob Marley ode. Not that I don't like the title, because I do, but if she claims the she's the practical one... how practical is our blog title? And Erin when you read this: 1) I do like the title and 2) just so you know I quoted Dwight K Schrute in my post title as well.

We are currently sitting a T minus 26 days until departure and as much as I will miss you all, I am very, very excited about leaving on this adventure. Well I figured since Erin posted I would too. Hopefully I won't be Jamaican her too crazy as we prepare to leave.

Patrick

1 comments:

Erin said...

You have no idea to what level I can take my neuroses. And I will take it there if you don't lay off the "Jamaican me crazy."