CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Thank you very much, it is from Italy-- actually, no, Bulgaria.

We have been back in Jamaica for a few weeks but we have been without Internet access for 99% of that time. We apologize for lack of blogs, emails, etc. Our trip home was fantastic and we owe a number of people a huge thank you.

Nancy Skelton~ Nancy is a very skilled therapeutic masseuse and she offered her services pro bono. She spent almost an hour alleviating the giant knot under my left scapula then proceeded to donate some money to help us buy supplies for the orphanage. Thank you Nancy for donating your time and money.

Alan “Pops” Mazi~ My father hooked us up with boxes of Costco goods (complete with Erin’s favorite brownie mix), many meals, and the skiing aspect of our Colorado adventure. He also donated the use of my old truck back to me complete with gasoline included. And to top it all off made a special last minute trip to US Toy to pick us up two boxes of golf pencils, which are the lifeline of our after-school program. Thanks Pops for everything.

Tony and Jill Smith~ What up, parents? We’re sharing the authoring of this blog. I’m pretty grateful that you still let me mooch at my old age. I didn’t even mind that you painted my old room pink. Thanks for spoiling me with Target trips and happy hours. Our plane tickets home were largely due to a sizeable Christmas donation from you, and we greatly appreciate that. Home was wonderful. I miss you guys.

Laura Whitaker and the Notorious B-O-B~ My mother and Bob did most of the planning for our Colorado adventure and paid for the beautiful condo. My mother gave me her cell phone for the time I was home so that everyone could get a hold of me when they needed me. I stayed with them when we were in KC and they never complained when it was 58 degrees outside and I was sitting in front of the fire in their living room. They also contributed many meals and made sure I was never without ice cream. Thanks guys for letting me crash your home, eat up all your tasty-treats, and see Flipper again.

Grandparents~ Notorious spoilers, you helped us obtain our plane tickets. Grandma Mean made a whole plate of extra eggs for Patrick at Sunday breakfast, and a giant bowl of frog eye salad for me. I’m so glad that the Smiths were able to get together despite our hectic schedules and cases of pneumonia. I’m gonna go ahead and throw in other family here too. Thanks for the ribs, Uncle Doug, they were delicious. Thanks to all Meschers and Smiths for finding time for togetherness. It was lovely seeing you all.

Jennifer and Jerms~ Thanks for creating the time in your busy, busy schedules to make Colorado happen. It really made the trip to be able to have that time with you guys. Also thanks for being so busy that it required my niece Caroline and namesake nephew J. Patrick to spend so much time in KC with us. They are both amazing kids and Erin and I were glad to met J. Patrick for the first time and relieved that Caroline hasn’t forgotten us.

Little Brothers~ Thanks for getting us kicked out of the bar on St. Pat’s. It was a pretty good time. I’m glad you came to CO with us. You’ll have to come visit us in Jamaica as soon as you get vacation days. I appreciate both of you allowing me the indiscriminate use of your vehicles.

Davis, Hammer, and Willie~ My wrestling coaches took me out for beer and hot wings and actually watched some NCAA basketball with me. I was caught up on all the fun L-Town gossip and told of new babies on the way (Congrats again fellas!). Thanks for making the time to hang out.

Momma Bird and Bruce Lee~ MB and the Bruce Lee provided some dinners and also allowed their house to be invaded. Thanks MB for always acting shocked when the Dover, Shaggy, Jimbo, Mo and I talk about the strange. And thanks Bruce Lee for being a good sport despite Big Buck Hunter Pro proving that I am a far superior sportsman.

The Dover, Shaggy, Mo, and Jimbo~ Thanks guys for meeting Erin and I at the airport. It was awesome to have such a posse greet us as soon as we arrived and to drink beer with in the parking lot of terminal B. Thanks for making time in your real world lives, complete with real jobs, to drink beer, catch a concert (and see Flipper do his Irish dance), play late night Halo, etc. etc. etc.

Sam, Matt, Rachel, Lauren, and Carly~ You guys did pretty much whatever I wanted despite the fact that you are the ones with jobs and schedules. It meant a lot that you made time for me. I miss you a ton.

Evans~ So being home was strange, but I was decidedly comfortable at my grandma’s and Pizza Factory. I think I spent as much time with you guys last year as I did with my family. I’m really, really glad I got to see you even if it was a brief visit. It made me super happy.

Sorry if Erin or I missed thanking anyone. There were so many people who played important roles in the fun times had during our trip home. We miss you all and can’t wait to see you again.

Thanks again,
Erin and Patrick

0 comments: