CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 3, 2007

You told her she was the only ho for you. And that she was better than all the other hos in the world. And then... suddenly she's not your ho no mo.

Mizzou should have gotten the BCS bid over Kansas. I understand that a win over Oklahoma last Saturday would have guaranteed a national title shot and Mizzou was in control of their own destiny. However, so was Kansas a week ago and they lost and yet still find themselves playing in a BCS game. The fact that Mizzou has beaten 2 BCS bound teams (Kansas and Illinois), is ranked 6th in the BCS rankings, and has only lost to one team this season and is not invited shows what a crap system the BCS really is. I will not go into details about KU’s cream puff inflated number of wins nor the fact that Illinois got an invite despite 3 losses. I just hold the opinion that the top 10 teams in the nation should play in the top 5 bowl games. Is that just too logical? What the hell?? Also boos to Gary Pinkle for coming up with the most uncreative game plan I have ever seen; cheers to Bobby Stoops for handing Pinkle a coaching bitch-slap; Mangino has my vote for undisputed Big 12 coach of the year.

I am experiencing my first real bit of homesickness. My sister just had her baby, everyone is gearing up for the holidays, and our cable has just tossed ESPN in favor of the Deuce and completely blacked-out Food Network. I know some of you on-island blog readers are rolling your eyes at me complaining about cable and some of you at home did not think it possible a PC volunteer would have cable at all… Oh Jamaica, Jamaica my temptress! Jamaica, you Siren of the Caribbean, you lure me in with possibilities like internet and cable then dash my hope and excitement on the rocks of your shores. Saturday ABC had no sound during the Big12 Championship, so I hopped on the internet to listen to a radio broadcast of the game while I watched, but the internet radio sound delay just caused me to experience Mizzou’s pathetic performance twice--live before my eyes and with my ears ten seconds later. I am not sure I can handle the holiday season without seeing Paula Deen create Christmas ‘Savannah style y’all!’ All we have to look forward this holiday season is crime increasing exponentially. Lastly boos to my family for not posting any pictures of my nephew in which I can actually get a good look at the kid. What do you look like J. Patrick Huffman? Probably an ambiguously pink pile of newborn, but I want to see that blood relative bundle of baby looks like!

I didn’t mean for this blog to be such a downer. You know what would cheer me up? If next time I walked outside, the dumpster cats were performing The Nutcracker for my Christmas viewing pleasure. Who hasn’t ever thought to themselves, ‘I wish I could see a classic ballet put on by feral cats?’ It would also warm my heart to have some comments from home posted. And if that all falls through I can count on one of my kids at the orphanage wanting me to read to them… and when I have them go pick out a book they bring me a math textbook… and insist on me reading one long division problem after another. Of course I shouldn’t discount the unwavering companionship of the gorgeous girl I brought with me who just scrubbed the bathroom and kitchen. Man, she’s wonderful. And she did not get on the computer and add this last part herself. Nope.

three... two... one...
Patricio

5 comments:

kcbookworm said...

Hello from your KC family!

RE: Your Mizzou Bowl

Agreed, ESPN had quite the chat about MU being out of the BCS Bowls. Oh well, good thing it is just a sport and not real life. (Meant to be incendiary, bring it on son!)

RE: pics of your new nephew

Did you open the ones I attached on an earlier e-mail? As far as Jen's blog, she has been a teeny bit busy but I will clue her in to your dissatisfaction. :-)

RE: Upcoming holidays

Good thing your Dad is bringing some holiday cheer and presents this weekend. Erin's g-ma has some yummy surprises for you guys that will make you uber-happy!

Otherwise, please know you are so missed and Thanksgiving just wasn't the same with you. And everyone else in the neighborhood has their outside lights up. Oh how I miss the broccoli stalk from last year. ... now me so sad.

Tiff-Tiff said...

i know i'm not a home front comment... but i thought i would let you know that i would be a happy camper if i saw cats dancing to the nutcracker... though in Frankfield, it will most likely be dogs.

sorry about Mizzou not getting into a BCS game, if it makes you feel better, Ryan said he thought Mizzou should have been in a game instead of Illinois.

enjoy your "foreign" visitors :)

p.s. i would never roll my eyes at you... because of you and Erin i was looking forward to watching some food network the next time i visit... seriously.

Jill said...

Tony says "ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!! ORANGE BOWL BOUND.

Scott said...

I understand the loss of tv. When we moved last weekend we gave up our satellite dish and now have nothing. I didn't even know MU lost until Monday. SIGH! And no internet to listen to webcasts.

Patrick said...

Tony~ Your chickenhawks are indeed Orange Bowl bound. I am somewhat surprised that a KU fan understands that the Orange bowl is a football game and not a kitchen fruit container. Disappointed though I may be by not getting the BCS bid... I am very pleased that the majority of the country feels MU was slighted and that KU is a bunch of posers. Have a dandy time watching KU lose yet again when facing a team not of the cupcake variety. (okay so I may be a bit bitter)